Retirement Party, Part 1

A good friend from my old stomping grounds was retiring...A good excuse to visit Austin (as if I needed an excuse!).

I was tasked with a celebratory baked good. I decided to go with the classic cupcake and chose lemon with vanilla icing.

I used the large tip from my Williams-Sonoma Mechanical Pastry Bag, and went sans sprinkles.

I made some cupcake picks to spell out "Happy Retirement Wayne!"

First, print out the words onto colored or patterned paper. Be sure to space them out depending on the diameter of your circles. Mine are 1-1/4 inch. It's really handy if you have a circle cutter and self-healing mat and I especially like this one by Fiskars since it is clear and I can center the letters.



Then just tape some toothpicks or fruit skewers to the back! If you're very particular, you could cut out some blank circles and "sandwich" the toothpick in between two circles with double-sided tape.



Final Product..okay, this picture was taken at a bad angle, so it just looks like a jumble of letters!

Comments