Austin, Food Dossier

Whenever I plan a trip, the first thing on my mind is what I want to eat!! Weekends are too short, so we could only hit up a few of the places we wanted to eat at...just another reason to go back to Austin!!

Trudy's - Mexican martini, Queso Especial, Sopapillas de Maiz

This is one of the places I miss most since I moved away from Austin! We were definitely craving a Mexican Martini. I didn't snap any pics here, but the food is amazing and worth the wait.

Flip Happy Crepes - Chicken & Mushroom crepe, the Cuban, french press coffee.

This little trailer on Jessie Street was made famous back in August 2007 when it was on Food Network's Throwdown with Bobby Flay. I never saw this episode, but I bet they kicked Bobby's butt because those crepes were amazing! (We had to eat in the car because it was so cold outside!!)



Hey Cupcake - 24 Carat (carrot cake with cream cheese icing), Michael Jackson (chocolate cake with cream cheese icing and chocolate sprinkles)

This sno-cone stand turned cupcake mecca is located on South Congress. There was a really long line, but for a good reason! The carrot cake was the best I have ever had.



Pluckers - Popeye Dip, Waffle Fries, & wings (Spicy ranch, Caribbean Jerk, Gold Rush, Spicy BBQ)

Another "must" for us when we go to Austin. We went to the original location, which had been completely renovated since we were there last. I don't even eat chicken wings anywhere else because once you've had Pluckers, all others fade in comparison...

Juan in a Million - Don Juan

This place has always been popular among the locals and they've gotten even more of a boost since they were featured on the Food Network's Man vs. Food. This guy tries to beat the record of eating seven Don Juans. I don't think he got close. One is more than enough for me!



Random Brenham gas station - Blue Bell Country Cookie

I know it may sound silly, but I had to stop at a gas station and get one of these. A friend introduced me to these and you can't find these anywhere in the city. You can easily find a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, but not oatmeal cookie. Yummm...I may have to make these at home!

Comments