Easter Treats for Co-Workers

Easter is just days away and I thought it would be nice to bring in some goodies for the co-workers.

I rummaged through my pantry last night and found that I had all the ingredients for Butterscotch Bark from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food and some homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I won't bore you with all the steps of making the chocolate chip cookies, but here they are in their unbaked glory.



If you know me at all, I am a stickler for uniform shapes and sizes. A must have if you're making cookies, truffles, etc are these stainless steel spring-loaded scoops.

Some people looking at this picture are salivating right now over this little ball of dough. I am not a fan of eating raw cookie dough...bleh...



Now, this is what I'm talking about...a Silpat-lined, baking sheet full of warm, gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookies....oh yea...



Come to mama...



Next up, the butterscotch bark. It does seem kind of random that I made this, but I had graham crackers, toasted coconut and pecans...

Toss the toasted coconut with the toasted pecans. I used a combo of chopped pecans and pecan pieces.



Once that mixture is cooled, toss in the chocolate chips. I used a combo of semi-sweet and milk chocolate because what I had left over from the cookies wasn't enough!



Break up the graham crackers and put them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook the butter and brown sugar over medium heat until smooth and then pour it over the graham crackers. Bake until bubbly...it'll look like this:



It doesn't look very appetizing at this point, so quickly sprinkle that mixture over the top while it's warm and gooey. Press down a little with a rubber spatula.



You might be tempted to touch it right now, but DON'T! The chocolate chips are barely keeping their shape and will melt into an ugly blob at the lightest touch!



Once it's completely cooled, you can break it up:



Packed and ready to go!

Comments