Boston Cream Pie Parfaits (for two)

Now that the weather is so warm and I had success with the Dulce De Leche banana pudding, I have become completely obsessed with icebox cakes/desserts. The concept is basically a cookie, layered with some kind of pudding and/or cream, and when left in the refrigerator; the cookies will soften into a sumptous cake-like texture. One of the most notable icebox cakes being the "Famous Chocolate Icebox Cake", made from Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers.

This morning, I had a terribly unsatisfying Boston Cream Pie flavored fat-free Yoplait yogurt. I decided for dessert, I'd make a tastier version.

Make some vanilla instant pudding (3.4 oz box) with two cups of skim milk.


Lighten the pudding by adding half a tub of fat-free whipped topping:


I know this sounds retarded, but get a big shot glass and fill it with skim milk.


Dunk three vanilla wafers in and place them at the bottom of the glass. They'll be nice and evenly coated with milk...wayyy better than trying to spoon milk over the wafers.


I always keep some chocolate ganache in the fridge (don't ask me why), but if you don't have any, just melt some chocolate or you can use chocolate syrup!


Drizzle some over the wafers:


Top that with some of the pudding mixture:


Repeat...milk-dipped wafers, ganache drizzle, pudding....end with milk-dipped wafers and another drizzle:


By the time you're done just making two, you will have used only half of the pudding mixture. I'm sure I'll come up with another icebox dessert later this week!!

Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours:


Double yummm...


This dessert was AWESOMELY delicious! I will definitely be making this one again and again! I want one right now!!

Comments