Icebox Tiramisu

I make a pretty mean tiramisu from scratch, but considering my current icebox obsession, I thought I'd continue the theme!

Here's what I'd call Quick-and-Dirty Tiramisu.

Microwave 1 cup of water in a mug for 60 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips:


1 tablespoon of instant coffee granules:


1 heaping teaspoon of sugar substitute:


1 teaspoon of vanilla extract:


1 teaspoon of sweet Marsala:


Place that in the fridge to cool downl.

2 tablespoons of sweet Marsala, then fill it to the 2 cup line with skim milk to make the instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz package):






Lighten the pudding with half a tub of fat-free whipped topping (you know the drill):


Quickly dunk the vanilla wafers in the chilled coffee mixture and place them in a 8x8 square dish. I say quickly because you don't want them to turn into mush. If you've got ladyfingers, by all means, use them. I was just trying to use ingredients I had on hand. Ladyfingers can linger in the liquid for 1-2 seconds, but not the wafers!!


Top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture, more dunked wafers, and the second half of the pudding mixture.

I topped it off with the 9 remaining unbroken wafers in the box and a dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder:


Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (up to overnight). If you used ladyfingers, you'll need to chill it overnight.


This was SUPER DELISH!! It's obviously not real tiramisu, but the flavor and texture is absolutely phenomenal. You can't beat that for something that only took 10 minutes to throw together!! No zabaglione, no mascarpone cheese, no problem!!

Comments