Mocha Icebox Dessert

I know, I know...I need to stop with all this icebox stuff. Don't worry, I'll start using my oven again very soon (maybe even tomorrow)!

Here's my last icebox creation for a while...

Start with some coffee in a shallow dish. Dissolve a heaping teaspoon of instant coffee in about a cup of warm water. I added a splash of cold milk for a quicker cool down. I did not sweeten the coffee because the cookies and the pudding mixture are already sweet!



I happened to have a box of Anna's Cappuccino Flavored Thins on hand. I was glad to have found a use for these because they are very unexciting on their own. You can buy these at most grocery stores and even in Ikea because they're Swedish!

I would like to stress how flexible icebox desserts are. You can just use whatever you've got on hand as long as the flavors go well together. You can even use graham crackers!

Quickly dunk them in the coffee mixture and place them down in your dish. And I mean super quick because these are called THINS. They will soak up enough coffee in a millisecond! If some break, that's okay. No one will know.

Drizzle some ganache or chocolate syrup on there too.


Top with dollops of your pudding mixture* and then spread it out evenly.

Again, anything goes. You could have used chocolate pudding mix, or chocolate-flavored whipped topping. You can sprinkle in some instant coffee for an extra mocha boost. Whatever you want!

Also, this was the other half of the pudding mixture from when I made the Boston Cream Pie parfaits for two. You can make dessert for one, or two, or a crowd. It's up to you!

Repeat those three layers (soaked cookies, ganache, pudding) and end with another layer of soaked cookies and ganache.


Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.


Enjoy!


*"pudding mixture" means a 1.34 oz pkg of sugar & fat-free instant vanilla pudding made with 2 cups of skim milk and then lightened with half a tub of sugar & fat-free whipped topping...but if you've been reading the last few icebox posts, you'd know that! :-)

Comments