Roasted Cauliflower

I had a head of cauliflower sitting in my fridge. My normal go-to would be a cauliflower curry, but I wanted something different. Last weekend, my sister and I lunched at Fadi's, one of my favorite Mediterranean eateries. I convinced her to try the roasted cauliflower and she really liked it. I know that some other Mediterranean restaurants deep fry their cauliflower, which is also uber-delicious...so golden, crisp, and yummy!

Here is my weeknight take on this awesome side dish:

Turn the cauliflower over and cut off all the leaves and the excess stem. Wash it, pat it dry, and then I use a paring knife to cut off the florets.


Cut them into manageable pieces. The smaller the pieces, the more surface area you'll have for getting it nice and golden.


The cauliflower looked awful lonely, so I sliced up half an onion and threw 'em on there too.


Drizzle olive oil all over it. Don't be shy. Then get in there with your hands and make sure each and every piece of cauliflower and onion is coated.


Generously sprinkle on the kosher/sea salt. Maybe about 1-1/2 tablespoons.


Roast for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Toss it around and then bake for another 15 minutes.

It doesn't beat the deep fried version, but it is certainly delicious and (mostly) nutritious!

Comments