Completely Random Icebox Dessert

I always have a sweet tooth after a meal...no matter how full I am. So after lunch, I was rummagging around the kitchen for something, anything that I could eat for dessert.

I saw half a package of reduced fat graham crackers, boxes of pudding mixes, and lots of random little things in the freezer. So what did I make? You guessed it. Another icebox dessert.

I made the sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding according to the directions, with two cups of skim milk and a dash of instant coffee. I didn't lighten this one with whipped topping, mainly because mine was frozen and I didn't feel like waiting for it to defrost in the fridge.


I placed some graham crackers in the bottom of a dish. I skipped the step of dunking these in milk, but you can definitely do that if you need then to soften quicker.


Graham crackers make awesome fodder for icebox desserts...especially if you make the Boston Cream Pie dessert for a crowd in a large dish!

Spread 1/3 of the pudding on the graham crackers.

Does this look familiar?


Last time I made the Butterscotch Bark, after all of it was devoured, the platter had about 1 cup of the topping that did not stick to the graham crackers. I put it in a ziplock baggie and put it in the freezer thinking that it would make a killer topping for some vanilla ice cream...but then it found its way into my icebox dessert.

Sprinkle some of that onto the pudding.


Repeat this 2 more times, for a total of 3 layers.


Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. If you dipped the graham crackers in milk, it'll be softened and ready to eat in less than 2 hours, but if you did not soak the crackers, you can leave it in the fridge all day and eat it for dessert after dinner!


Enjoy!

Comments