Mississippi Mud Pie

My sister had a batch of brownies in her freezer and she thought up the idea of making a brownie-bottom Mississippi Mud Pie.

I married that idea with the pudding mixture from my notorious icebox desserts, and here's what I came up with!

Crumble up about half of the brownies and lightly press onto the bottom of a 9X13 pan.

Make the lightened pudding mixture, but this time, mix in 1 heaping tablespoon of instant coffee granules into the milk (more or less depending on your love of coffee).



Use the entire tub of whipped topping, not just half.



Spread half of this mixture on top of the brownies.



Repeat the brownie and pudding layer.



Top with a generous drizzle of chocolate syrup or ganache. I used Hersheys Special Dark Chocolate syrup. .. and I had a few brownie crumbs left in the baggie, so I threw those on top too.



Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.

Remove from freezer and cut into squares with a knife. Don't worry, it won't freeze hard.

Perfect dessert for warm weather!! Enjoy!

Comments