Shredded Beef Sandwiches

I felt like using the crock pot for a SUPER easy meal.

The night before, I threw a chunk of London broil into the crock pot with one roughly chopped onion, 1/2 C. water, a dash of dry steak seasoning, and some barbecue sauce.

You can use any cut of meat (brisket, flank/skirt steak, etc), any barbecue sauce, any combo of seasonings (Mrs. Dash, brisket rub, etc), omit the onion, or replace the water with broth...whatever you want!

I let it cook overnight and here's how it looked when I woke up.


I threw it into the fridge, so it would be ready for me after work. When I got home, I skimmed off the fat and used tongs to shred the beef.


I felt like it needed some veggies, so I added in a bag of defrosted veggies...a blend of peppers and onions.


I put the crock pot insert back in and cranked it to high to heat it through...if it's too watery, spoon some out and leave the lid off, so as it bubbles, the sauce will thicken.


Serve on hamburger buns. Potato chips and pickles optional. Enjoy!

Comments